Preparing Your Public Pension Plans For An Economic Downturn
(Session 1: Pension & OPEB Insider)
Market volatility has been historically high over the past few years. Although the economy has been rebounding this past year, it’s inevitable that it won’t last forever. How do you protect your pension funding from the coming downturn, and more importantly, is now the right time to act?
Some additional questions you may be asking:
- What investment returns can retirement systems expect over the next 5-10 years?
- When revenues drop and budgets recede, how do we continue funding our plan?
- What are IRC Section 115 pension reserve trusts, can our agency use them and how do they work?
- What have some local governments done in recent years to pay down liabilities?
Join our speakers for a lively panel discussion to explore these questions and takeaway actionable strategies to keep your agency ahead of the curve in 2022 and beyond.
- Keith Brainard, NASRA Research Director and Texas Pension Review Board Member
- Brian Binkey, Investment Consultant with Vanguard
- Bret Prebula, Finance Director at City of Benicia, CA
- Ira Summer, Retirement Program Expert and Public Speaker
- Charlie Francis, Senior Government Finance Expert