Trends in Retirement Plan Investing and Sustainability
(Session 3: Pension & OPEB Insider)
The pandemic caused local governments to be reactive — focusing on short-term, annual reporting rather than long-term strategic budget plans. As we move forward, we’re now faced with increased inflation and global market uncertainty. Common concerns include:
- How do we protect the solvency of our retirement programs without straining our overall budget?
- What steps do pension plans and systems need to take to shore up their sustainability?
- What are the latest approaches to driving down investment costs?
- How are local government and state retirement systems preparing for the future?
This panel discussion will explore how some governments are applying innovative tools and forecasting solutions to a changing world and building upon their financial resiliency for 10, 20, 30 years ahead.
- Brian Binkey, Investment Consultant with Vanguard
- Ira Summer, Retirement Program Expert and Public Speaker
- Maureen Toal, OPEB Trust Expert and PARS SVP